Saturday, March 27, 2010

New 'Do!

This weekend we went up to Maine and stayed at my grandparents' beautiful house in Kennebunkport for an open house at the Maine College of Art. While we were there, mom cut my hair. I decided to draw myself with my new hair. This one is kind of in the style of Karl Kwasny and other more nautical drawings. I'd like to put some sepia-tone value into this drawing someday. Drawn in pencil in my sketchbook, then inked in brown brush-marker.

MECA is a really cool school. They have all these huge, sprawling departments, and the illustration department really got me juiced. I wanna be there so bad! Sadly, Portland is a little to small for my taste. I wanna be in a slightly busier city.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Portland is small but very happening. You'll have to talk with Sam about it this evening. A lot going on. He introduced Poppa and me to the city; and we have loved it.

At the same time, I can appreciate the hunger for the Big City...what can I say! I left Ponca City, Oklahoma for bigger venues and never looked back.

Hugs, G

Post a Comment